“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” Psalm 103:2
We need to give praise and blessing daily to the Lord for all His marvelous benefits that He provides for all true believers. The following is a short list of some these marvelous benefits.
- Salvation through His sacrifice. “Even as the Son of man came not be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28
- Mercy unending. “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.” Psalm 103:8, also read Lamentations 3:22,24
- Forgiveness of sin. “Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;” Psalm 103:3, also read I John 1:7,9
- Direct access to the throne of grace. “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
- Fellowship with our Savior. “That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” I John 1:3
- Constant guidance from God’s Word. “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105
- The privilege of telling the world of the Hope, we have inside us. “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.” I Peter 3:15
“Bless the Lord O my soul…”! We as Christians would be no less than an ingrate if we failed to give thanks and bless His name for all His benefits. Let us never forget His benefits.